Here are some of the stories that caught our eye in the world of Apple and consumer electronics last week.
- Apple’s Senior Vice president of Design Jon Ivy is promoted. He hands over managerial duties to other Apple leaders so that he can focus on development of the company elsewhere.
- Software Developer Zeobit, creator of MacKeeper, will be issuing refunds to customers as part of a class action lawsuit settlement against them.
- A software bug was discovered that causes Messages app to crash and iPhones to reboot. There is no official fix from Apple yet, but these fixes have been proven to work.
- Everything you need to know about the upcoming iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 releases.
- If you want great tech support then you’d better buy a Mac. ConsumerReports explains why.
For daily updates on everything interesting and new in the world of Apple, visit and like our Facebook page at Facebook.com/TechRestore.